Friday, May 25, 2012

Collective Haul!

As promised, this is another "haul post," and it will include items from the past couple of times I've been shopping. :) These are in no particular order, by the way.

First up is a few things from Forever 21. In the top left corner is an adorable grey sweater with a black bow on the front. It was on sale, and even though it's too warm to wear it now, I know I'll get a lot of use out of it when fall comes back around. Next to that in the top right corner is a blue floral umbrella. I've been wanting a small one to keep in my car, because all too often I get stuck in a random middle-of-the-day rainstorm and don't have one. This one was too cute, and I'm thinking around $10, so I had to get it. Speaking of umbrellas, right under that is a gold chain necklace with a purple umbrella pendant on it...absolutely love. :) Bottom left corner is probably my favorite item purchased on this trip. It's a short sleeved purple shirt that has light purple, gold, and turquoise detailing on the top. It's a "high-low" style, and really loose on me, which I like a lot. In the bottom middle picture are just 2 basic tanks, one in lavender and the other in mint green. These are SO soft and go with a lot of things. Finally, in the bottom right is my other favorite, and it's a light brown loose-knit cardigan. All spring I've been looking for one, and was so glad to find this.

Next is a few things I picked up from Sephora. These were necessities, so nothing too exciting. On the left is Urban Decay De-Slick, Fresh Sugar Lip treatment kit (the Beauty Insider birthday present for this year), and Origins Checks and Balances face wash. The Urban Decay De-Slick is something I've been wanting to try for a while, and I'm so glad I finally got it! It's a make-up setting spray that you use on your face before and after applying your make-up. I've noticed such a difference in how long my make-up lasts when I use this. It actually makes it all the way through my 12-hour work shifts without budging at all. :) The Fresh Sugar Lip treatment is awesome. I've got one of the lip balms in another color (plum something, I think), so now I have a colorless one and a rosy one. The Origins Checks and Balances is a face wash that I've been using for close to a year. I use this as my nighttime face wash and absolutely love it. It has a nice smell, is gentle on the skin, and is basically just a really good face wash, lol. In the picture on the right is a sample of Dr. Brandt's Pores No More. I've almost used all of it up, and it's pretty good, but does nothing that my regular foundation primer can't do. The other item in that picture is my card (that I lost...sad!) that says "you are officially a VIB." VIB, for those that don't know, stands for "Very Important Beauty Insider." Basically you get extra perks that you don't get just being a Beauty Insider. To achieve VIB status, you have to keep 300 points in your beauty bank for a certain number of months, and you get to keep that status for the next year.

Last but not least: Victoria's Secret! I bought a new bra and underwear, but I'm not posting a picture of those on here, sorry! xD I was at VS on the day they were having their special "spend so much money get a free tote" deal. I was about $4 away from getting the free tote, so I grabbed the Beauty Rush soothing lip balm, pictured at the top. It's minty and actually does soothe your lips. I'm thinking it'll be great to have in my beach bag this summer, and will feel nice on my lips after I've been in the sun all day. Speaking of the beach, pictured bottom right is the free tote I got. You can't tell from the picture, but it's a pretty big bag and will make a perfect beach tote.

Well, unfortunately, that is all. I'm pretty sure these were from just 2 different shopping trips, lol, but oh well! I do have more hauls to post, including items from J. Crew, DSW, Anthropologie, and others. I'm also going to do a haul showing my MyGlam and Birchbox items from the past 2 months, as well as the (free!) Target Beauty Days bag I got a couple of weeks ago.

Also, I've been back on both of my Tumblrs recently! Want to follow me? I'd love it if you did! :) One is just a general/silly/fun/life blog, and it can be found here. The other one is a weight loss/healthy living/inspiration blog, found here.

Seeing as it is now nearly 4 am (!), I'm going to bed now...thank goodness I don't have to get up early in the morning for anything! Tomorrow is going to consist of cleaning my apartment, getting my room organized, exercising, Vampire Diaries (with which I've become obsessed recently), and a possible (probable) well-deserved mani/pedi. Goodnight! xoxo, Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment