Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Few Of My Favorite Things...

So, I just got done taking a bath and making myself all moisturized and smelling good, lol. And it made me think of sharing some of my favorite bath and beauty products! So here we go...

Body Wash: I love pretty much anything that smells good. My favorite scents are tropical ones, vanilla, and sweet scents. Today I used my Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake shampoo/body wash...I got it from Sephora on my birthday this year. :) It looks like this:


The smell is FANTASTIC! Sadly though, I'm almost out of it...it's a fairly small bottle. Next time I go to Sephora, I'll definitely be buying a big bottle of it. :)

Shampoo/Conditioner: Ok, I didn't actually wash my hair tonight (yeah...I'm one of those weird people who doesn't shampoo daily...but it's actually better for your hair!) but when I do, I use any kind of blonde shampoo. Right now I have the Redken kind...it smells very citrus-y, kind of like grapefruit. I also use blonde conditioner, but not necessarily the same brand as my shampoo. The conditioner I have at the moment is Sheer Blonde Go Blonder from John Frieda. I'm a natural blonde, but do get highlights about every 3-5 months. Any blonde shampoo and conditioner that I've used has kept my blonde nice and bright, which I love. :) My favorite, though, would have to be Bed Head Dumb Blonde. Not only does it have a fun name, it also smells good and does a good job on my hair. Also, about once every two weeks, I use Suave Clarifying Shampoo, just for extra cleaning. On days I don't shampoo and condition, I use dry shampoo, which in my opinion is one of the best inventions ever! The one I have right now is by Tresseme, and I got it from Wal-Mart. I really want to try Rockaholic Dirty Secret and the dry shampoo by Kenra (can't remember what it's called).

Lotion: My favorite moisturizer is definitely Neutrogena Deep Moisture Body Cream! I started using it about a month ago after reading a review on http://beautylish.com that said it was comparable to La Mer body cream. I've never used La Mer, but this Neutrogena body cream is absolutely phenomenal. Before I used it, my skin stayed pretty dry, especially my elbows, upper arms, and legs...but now it's soft and pretty. :) I even used it when I was on vacation at the beach, and when I had a bit of a sunburn it kept my skin from peeling as much. I got mine at Target, but it's probably at most drug stores too. The lotion is really thick and kind of smells like frosting. I love it. This is what it looks like:


Face Products: For morning, I use Clean and Clear Morning Burst Fruit Infusions...it's the hyrating cleanser in the yellow bottle. It smells sooo good...it's almost like I'm washing my face with a smoothie, ha ha! I've not been using it very long, but ever since I've started using it, my face has been clearer than it usually is. I also use YES to Carrots moisturizer in the morning, which is an amazing product as well. At night, I use Aveeno Clear Complexion cream cleanser...just bought it yesterday, actually. So far it seems to be working okay, but we'll see. I have fairly sensitive skin, so I have to be really careful with what I put on my face. The moisturizer I use at night is Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion...I had been using the entire Murad acne system for a few months, but decided it didn't really work well enough for what it's priced. Morning and night, I use Sea Breeze astringent for sensitive skin, and at night I also use Clean and Clear Advantage acne spot treatment. It clears up pimples better than anything I've ever used! About once a week, I use Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. I love how it smells...reminds me of spearmint gum...and it works well.

Random products: I use Bare Foot foot scrub...not sure what scent it is...I'm thinking something like tea berry and mint? Anyway, it feels really good on my feet, especially after I've worked all night. Another thing I use that's just a random product is by Murad...it's a spray that's for body acne. I use it on my chest and shoulders where I get little blemishes sometimes, and usually they are gone by the next day. My razor is the Venus Embrace, in case anyone wanted to know lol. And I use Skintimate or Satin Care shaving cream.

Well, that's all for now! This was a rather long post, but I don't really mind. :) I wanted to share some of my favorite products, and don't feel like I could properly do that without giving a brief description of each. I'll be doing another post like this sometime in the near future, but for that one I'll talk about my favorite make-up and hair styling products. Also, for any of you cynical people out there...as nice as it would be to rave about my favorite products and get paid by these companies for it, I'm not, ha ha.

Have a wonderful day! xoxo, Brittany


No comments:

Post a Comment